[ale] Way to go Lenovo (not)

Charles Shapiro hooterpincher at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 13:33:36 EST 2015

Yep.  Lenovo makes pretty good linux hardware though.  My current laptop is
a Lenovo, and it runs Debian Slink jus'  fine. I even have the spiffy
Nvidia graphics card in there. The Debian drivers handle it well also.
Your advice is just as pertinent for cell phones, BTW.

The old R51 is still goin' strong from 2005, although I recently had to
replace the clock battery. Bought one ready-made on ebay, but it was
already dead. So I soldered a hideous little connector to some sheet copper
and glued that to a CR2032 with wire glue. Then I got to remove /replace 18
screws, the keyboard, and the keyboard bezel to install it (again).
All's well that ends well, I suppose.

-- CHS