[ale] [semi-OT] Linux desktop computers, anyone?

Beddingfield, Allen allen at ua.edu
Tue Feb 10 14:49:34 EST 2015

Since this is semi off-topic, please reply to me off-list to keep the OT
chatter on the list to a minimum.
Some of you know that I buy bulk loads of computers and monitors from an
e-cycling company, repair (if needed), reload, and resell them, and
several people from the list have gotten some from me last year.
Anyway, I've got a bunch of desktop form factor Dell OptiPlex 745s and
740s (and a few towers), along with some ultra-small form factor Dell
OptiPlex 755s (these are the ones that are designed to rest on the back
of the monitor).
The 745s and 755s have Core 2 Duo CPUs, and the 740s have AMD Athlon 64
x2 CPUs.
I also have a lot of LCD monitors (Dell UltraSharp and a few other
types).  I can preload the computers with openSUSE Linux or the original
Windows that came with them - whatever you like.  They make great Linux
desktops, and that is the main reason I am mentioning them on here.  I
overbought this time (understatement), so I'm selling them for fairly
cheap :)  Please message me off-list for detailed specs, prices, and
other discussion/questions you may have.
I'm headed to Atlanta for a stay 02/15 to 02/20, and if anyone is
interested in one or more of them, please message me off-list, and I can
arrange to meet you with one.  I just need to know before the weekend,
so that I can have time to get them ready for you.  If you need anything
different/custom, let me know, and I can probably accommodate that, too.

Thanks, and now back to our regularly scheduled Linux rantings...and
coffee...

Allen B.

--
Allen Beddingfield