[ale] SLES on to an usb stick and more.....

Narahari 'n' Savitha savithari at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 10:04:15 EST 2015

Friends:

 I would like to get input on as to whether any of the members here has
installed SLES (or OpenSuse) on to an USB stick.

 What I would lo  do is to install SLES11.3 on to a first USB stick
/dev/sdb -2GB in size.

Next I would then like to use another USB stick 8GB on which I will be
installed 3 VM’s inside of KVM.

 You may ask why.  Here is the reason.

Office has these Windows boxes that are not being used and the drives are
encrypted.

Without erasing those drives,  I would love to use the 16GB of RAM on them
and the powerful CPU’s to run multiple VM’s for testing some puppet
deployments.

 Anyone has experience installing SLES on to an USB stick without GUI help
please advise.

-Narahari