[ale] #! is dead

DJ-Pfulio djpfulio at jdpfu.com
Sat Feb 7 10:19:19 EST 2015

For my desktops, I start with a minimal Ubuntu Server, then add a WM and the
20-30 programs I use. It is scripted, so every time it improves AND something
breaks when there is a new LTS release. ;)

Never used #! - I'd assumed it was more like Arch and rolling releases just
don't fit my stability needs.  Seems that distro was pretty much exactly what
I've been doing manually the last 4 yrs - since Unity became default.

I'm always surprised when people change distros over the damn GUI. Why? It isn't
like these "lighter" distos choose the applications you want.  It is easier to
start small and add than to start big and remove stuff. IMHO.