[ale] picasa error

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 10:11:20 EST 2015

On Fri, 2015-02-06 at 09:31 -0500, Paul Cartwright wrote:
> Command line error: no such option: --replacefiles

?????

It's listed in the man pages for rpm on my F21 laptop.

At this point, do a rpm -qa | grep picasa | xargs yum -y remove and then
a yum localinstall picasa-*.rpm . The -U is an upgrade so you must
already have picasa installed. If you don't, yum localinstall or rpm -i
are required. yum localinstall is the preferred method from F18 onward
to avoid notices like "RPM was used outside of yum. Don't do that." Yum
makes a nice log of activity in /var/log/yum.log. rpm doesn't do that.