[ale] Fwd: Dell Continues Shipping Fresh Linux Laptops

Steve Nicholas sfnicholas at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 01:09:13 EST 2015

OK, I had a Toshiba Satellite  that died an untimely death after 13
months.  Bought a Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series.  The 1GB is pegged with the
OS and recovery partitions.  Have several external HDs and hopefully all of
the backup stuff I need.  On the Toshiba, I had  a Fedora system running.
What I'd like to is put it on an external disk with the boot partition on
hda1.  Anyone done this? I'm up for a repartition on the fly using win8.
Just a bit nervous about blowing the Dell recover partition off. Thoughts,
suggestions....