[ale] [semi-OT] Wyse ThinOS anyone?

gcs8 gcsviii at gmail.com
Sun Feb 1 08:34:02 EST 2015

If they were the Xenith series I know more then I want to know about them.
However if you still have some under support with dell/wyse they have some
pretty good resources local in ATL. You can also check out
www.freewysemonkeys.com, I also found the below on the internal wyse
support page.

Solution 13642: Wyse ThinOS - Do Wyse ThinOS Thin Clients Offer Wireless
Network Support?

Create Service Request Add To Quick Links

Type

Question & Answer

Last Updated

08-JUL-2014 09:19:21

Question

Is wireless supported on Wyse Thin OS v.5.3 and above?

Answer

Yes.
Starting with Wyse ThinOS 5.3 wireless support was introduced for the S10
and V10L models only. As a current customer, to be eligible for Wyse ThinOS
firmware upgrades, you must be on the Wyse ThinOS Software Maintenance
Program.
Newer thin clients (D10D, D10DP, Z10D, etc.) supporting WTOS 8.X include
dual band (2.4 and 5.0 GHz) Support and dual antennae for improved
performance. There is currently no support for external USB Wireless
Adapters.
For more information please contact Dell Wyse Inside Sales at
1-800-800-9973  option 1, or go to our website at www.dell.com/wyse

On Sun, Feb 1, 2015 at 8:02 AM, Sergio Chaves <sergio.chaves at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hey Jeff, I myself have used linux on them for quite a bit of different
> things.
> However, I had not choice in this matter. As a matter of fact, out of 130
> locations, we one of 03 setup with it. All others either have the Window or
> the Linux version.
> This is an experiment I would like to succeed on because our budget has
> already been approved and this was not part of it. If I can make this work,
> the savings will be in the order of thousands of dollars.
>
> On Sat, Jan 31, 2015 at 3:01 PM, Jeff Hubbs <jhubbslist at att.net> wrote:
>
>> I've made nice little infrastructure (e.g., DHCP) servers out of these
>> using Gentoo Linux and a CompactFlash/PCcard adapter. Why use some special
>> bespoke OS that might not support stuff?
>>
>> On 1/30/15 12:10 PM, Sergio Chaves wrote:
>>
>>> Wyse V10L

Charles Selfridge

PBYC  IT director

(404) 910-3409