[ale] ALS T-shirts

maddog@li.org jonhall80 at comcast.net
Mon Dec 28 09:43:55 EST 2015

Atlanta Linux Enthusiasts,

It has been a long time. I hope things are going well for all of you.

I am going to watch the next version of Star Wars tonight and this reminded
me of the great T-shirt that has Linus and some of the other Linux people
on it, as well as the "Sistine Chapel" and other T-shirts that came out of
the Atlanta Linux Showcase, sponsored (in part) by the Atlanta Linux Enthusiasts.

Attached are only two of the T-shirts that were produced, there are a couple of others that still appear on the ALS web site.

I have tried sending email to Marc Torres, whose email address is on the ALS web site, but that email did not go through after four days, so I am asking your forgiveness for sending email to the ALE mailing list.

It is (IMHO) that these T-shirts are no longer available, and I was
wondering if the designs could be put under a creative commons license so
people could pull them down and print them for their own use.  Maybe an "Attribution required, No
commercial" license.  If people wanted to sell them on a T-shirt they would
have to contact the original copyright holder and negotiate a license.  Or if you did not care, just an "Attribution" license and let people "advertise" ALE by wearing the T-shirt.

I am in the process of arranging this for some old Unix posters (before the
original copyright holder dies), and thought that ALS or ALE could grant
this license and a high-resolution digital image of them.

Thanks,

Jon "maddog" Hall