[ale] OT: hardware

Alex Carver agcarver+ale at acarver.net
Wed Dec 9 18:51:07 EST 2015

On 2015-12-09 13:03, Boris Borisov wrote:
> I'm looking to revive my kids gaming mouse. Do you know of a heavy duty
> mouse micro switches. Should take a lot of clicks. Brand name ?

Most of the mouse switches are snap-action or limit switch style (not
the same as you would find in a keyboard).  The most common
manufacturers of these switches are Omron, Cherry, C&K, and Panasonic.
You can look at Digi-Key's catalog (link below) and try to match the
switch visually.  Otherwise you might be able to find the part number on
the switch to get the mechanical specs (size, pin spacing and layout,
etc.) and then pick a new one based on those specs.

http://www.digikey.com/product-search/en/switches/snap-action-limit-switches/1114207