[ale] OT: media box

Edward Holcroft eholcroft at mkainc.com
Sun Dec 6 11:37:08 EST 2015

So I discovered something that makes a big difference.  I had already set
Plex to use my Personal Media Artists as DJ suggested, and still
experienced huge amounts of errors. The I discovered that you can select an
artist, cvli on the menu button to the laft of the interface (the three
dots ... ) and click on "Fix incorrect match: at which point it asks
whether you want to use local or last.fm. This has made a HUGE improvement
to the usability of Plex for me.

There are still thousands of files getting slapped under "unknown artist"
or "unknown album" for a reason I still need to figure. But right now Plex
is a lot more useful to me than it was. I'm amazed that this issue is
raised so many times on the Plex forum, but nobody seems to mention this
gem.

I'll report back once I have figured out the unknown artist issue.

ed

--
Edward Holcroft | Madsen Kneppers & Associates Inc.
11695 Johns Creek Parkway, Suite 250 | Johns Creek, GA 30097
O (770) 446-9606 | M (770) 630-0949

--
MADSEN, KNEPPERS & ASSOCIATES USA, MKA Canada Inc. WARNING/CONFIDENTIALITY
NOTICE: This message may be confidential and/or privileged. If you are not