[ale] [90dw-lcthw] C as a second language

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Tue Dec 1 11:44:54 EST 2015

I don't think this has anything to do with new students. I tried to learn every language I could when I was younger, but the ones that stuck were the ones where I needed to use them as a tool.

Perl is an excellent example. Tried the 21 days book back in the 90s. Never stuck and I kept programming in C. I needed a way to hammer our systems, programs, etc so I used Perl as a debugging tool. Make 100,000 connections and look for memory leaks for example. Today, I now write more Perl than I do C.