[ale] Is it risky?

James Taylor James.Taylor at eastcobbgroup.com
Sun Aug 30 20:20:18 EDT 2015

I usually just answer their questions like I was looking at the windows screen.
If you're not sure of what's going to be on the screen, it's often available in the online manual or troubleshooting guides.
-jt

James Taylor
678-697-9420
james.taylor at eastcobbgroup.com

>>> Steve Litt <slitt at troubleshooters.com> 8/29/2015 5:32 PM >>>
On Sat, 29 Aug 2015 13:37:17 -0400
Boris Borisov <bugyatl at gmail.com> wrote:

> Wipe Windows if you don't have to keep it.

Not having Windows available effectively voids your warranty, because
you can no longer do the procedures outlined on the tech-support
drones' scripts.

I once had a battery go bad on a new box, and they wouldn't replace it
because I had no windows to do a test that determined whether the
battery was the cause or the effect. I had to get escalated up several
levels, by Costco's Concierge Service's intervention, to get a guy who
knew enough to tell me to put it in bios setup and pull the plug to see
whether it stopped, and when it is, they *finally* shipped my new
battery.

I'm thinking that on my next laptop, I'll swap in a blank drive and
keep the original until the warranty expires.

SteveT

Steve Litt
August 2015 featured book: Troubleshooting: Just the Facts
http://www.troubleshooters.com/tjust