[ale] Call for Volunteers - ALE-NW InstallFest

Paul Cartwright pbcartwright at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 09:49:23 EDT 2015

On 08/28/2015 09:33 AM, Boris Borisov wrote:
> Nothing will be more appealing to novice than distribution that is
> full Windows replacement from install. With all codecs players
> communicators office wine steam and what not.
>

> What this distribution could be ???
actually, I think the desktop manager is more important than the
distro.. for windows people, without all the baggage of KDE, I think
MATE is a good choice for ease of transition.. very windows-like menus
and apps.. I switch between enlightenment & MATE :) I used enlightenment
, e15 I think, back in my windows dayz..
now it is up to e20.. and fedora can install it via dnf install..

but fedora, ubuntu ( LTS?), Debian or Mint would get my vote..

--
Paul Cartwright