[ale] Call for Volunteers - ALE-NW InstallFest

DJ-Pfulio djpfulio at jdpfu.com
Wed Aug 26 16:43:14 EDT 2015

It is time to get the volunteers organized for the 5th Annual ALE-NW InstallFest.

If you are interested in helping, please throw me an email off list.

Date: Saturday Sept 12
Time: 10a - 5p (4 hr shifts)
Location: Near I-75N and 120 Loop (exit N of Delk)

We have a tentative location who has offered their location for this date/time.
I haven't visited the location yet to verify with the owner all those little
logistical details will be possible yet.

So - looking for a few key volunteers to address these groups of things:

Teams Needed:
* Communications / Marketing
     (think poster design and emails to other tech groups and 8x11in sheets)
* Sign-up Team (volunteers / installees )
* Greeters / Friendly faces with liability forms
* Networking (extending the location's network and
              making wired ethernet available - wifi is still hard)
* Power strips and extension cords
* PXE-Boot Server
* General Installation Helpers morning/afternoon shifts
     (10+ would be nice based on last year)

The location has food, which is different from prior years. Not certain about
coffee.

We'll probably setup a google-docs speadsheet to hold all this info and give the
core volunteers write access.

If you haven't been to one of our installfests, these things are a big party,
but with a purpose.  Even if you aren't an expert, we can use your help!

If you are interested in helping, please throw me an email.