[ale] BASHing my head

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 13:41:13 EDT 2015

Wow! Shopt has enough options to make it stand next to emacs.

I don't understand why the default is essentially case insensitive when
everything else in bash is case sensitive. It looks like the LANG makes it
work that way but that makes no sense either to me. A != a in standard US
English.

More of the secret mysteries of Unix philosophy I've never wrapped my head
around.