[ale] Desktop 32GB of RAM

Phil Turmel philip at turmel.org
Wed Aug 19 08:04:47 EDT 2015

I bought a 32G HP ZBook last year -- I expected to need it for multiple
VMs.  Just peeked:  MemFree ~20G after 36 hours uptime and 2 background
VMs.  Mind you, linux generally has little to no MemFree as it will be
allocated to disk buffers.  So this represents memory that probably has
never been allocated in a typical workday.

I'd have been fine with 16G.  For now.