[ale] folder properties

DJ-Pfulio DJPfulio at jdpfu.com
Mon Aug 17 11:43:12 EDT 2015

On 08/17/2015 11:29 AM, Paul Cartwright wrote:
> On 08/17/2015 10:37 AM, DJ-Pfulio wrote:
>> Ah ... good explanation - I have hundreds of "identities" too. To send
>> email requires authentication from a valid accounts, but for selected
>> accounts, spoofing the "FROM" is allowed.  devil at hell.com is a fav. ;)
> I have also spoofed my replies... I love to use paul at ponderosa.ranch :)
>

>> Also, I don't use "local folders" at all - only IMAP here, so if I do
>> choose to pull email from some external provider, it gets placed into
>> the imap folder structure on the household mail server ... not on one
>> local PC.  It is nice to have the same view of all emails regardless of
>> client device used.
> I use IMAP, but I want the messages to reside on my computer hard drive,
> so I have more control & can back them up, and move them...
> I have about 400 filters I use, sending most messages to specific
> folders, the rest that are in the inbox are usually cruft that gets
> deleted..

The mail server "is" my hard drive, just on a different, central, box
for the house.  IMAP/thunderbird has a cache setting, so anything within
the last 30 days will be retained on each client - for older items or
newly arrived mail, the server must be accessed.

Regardless - glad that you found a workable solution.

--
Got Linux? Used on smartphones, tablets, desktop computers, media
centers, and