[ale] GeForce Gt 705 card

DJ-Pfulio DJPfulio at jdpfu.com
Sun Aug 16 12:11:05 EDT 2015

On 08/16/2015 10:18 AM, Paul Cartwright wrote:
> ok, so I got a new computer, was windows 10, now dual-boot with fedora
> 22 x86_64. I have had AMD Radeon card for my last computer, but this one
> comes with a Nvidia GeForce Gt 705. I seem to remember this from long
> ago, I downloaded the NVIDIA-Linux.....run .
> are there any gotcha's or anything I need to know before I do this??
> should I install this?? this is a new Dell Inspiron with core-I5 Intel
> chip..

I thought downloading GPU drivers was a no-no for Linux systems. Always
use the drivers provided directly by the distro. With all the recent X
changes, keeping the kernel, GPU drivers and X/Windows libraries working
together has been non-trivial.

http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2015/08/ubuntu-nvidia-graphics-drivers-ppa-is-ready-for-action