[ale] Libgcrypt warning: MD5 used - FIPS mode inactivated

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 14:36:00 EDT 2015

OK. Time to run rpm -qa on both dev and new and diff the list.
Something is missing or diff version on new system.
Hmm. So the pre-fips connection with tsql worked. That implies it was
using md5. Converting the system to fips compliant didn't change the
tsql config to use sha1 keys so it still uses (tries) md5.
Delete the old md5 keys for tsql or remove the package entirely and
reinstall (after renaming out the config as conf.old). Do you see keys
with creation dates prior to FIPS in /etc/pki?

--
James P. Kinney III

own tail. It won't fatten the dog.
- Speech 11/23/1900 Mark Twain