[ale] Monitor Internet Traffic

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Wed Aug 12 15:34:33 EDT 2015

Don't spend more than a few minutes. I would use that as an initial count of bytes by IP and then I would figure out a way to drill down. I've seen NetFlow analyzers, but this requires me to install software/device that can sniff and convert to NetFlow traffic to the analyzer.

I'm also looking at replacing the TP-Link with something that will do a little more. Maybe I use a bridge and locate a used Cisco AP. Cisco supports NetFlow so I may be able to feed that into a package named Scruitnizer.

I would then like to figure out a way to give my desktop traffic #1 priority. I use SSH all over so I want my typing to never be slow due to NetFlix, YouTube, etc.
The first project will be to increase visibility of the traffic. Then I'll focus on QoS issues.