[ale] new UEFI/windows8.1/Linux

Paul Cartwright pbcartwright at gmail.com
Sat Aug 8 08:33:18 EDT 2015

On 08/08/2015 08:15 AM, DJ-Pfulio wrote:
> An easier way to put it is that MSFT assumes it is the only OS and it prone to
> wipe anything it doesn't understand.  A few times a year, during monthly
> patching, the boot sector might be overwritten again, so be certain you keep a
> save-your-butt bootable flash drive close so you can fix it with a grub-install;
> update-grub session.  I didn't have this problem until recently - just the last
> 2 yrs.  Fortunately, I don't really dual boot much.
>
> Thanks MSFT for being a "good citizen!"
yeah, I understand the M$ first issue, I was asking about installing
fedora dual-boot with W8.1 then upgrading windows, or upgrading windows
first THEN installing fedora.. to avoid that secure boot issue..

I use a program called boot repair:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/boot-repair-cd/

any time I screw up my grub, I just pop in this CD, and it makes a new
grub menu for me:)

every time I try to do it myself with a live CD, it doesn't seem to work
right.

--
Paul Cartwright