[ale] System Management Card

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Sat Aug 8 08:06:35 EDT 2015

That was a windows C&C process that got feed a very wrong group of systems
to "deploy". Heh, heh. One server group ran payroll. THAT got fixed damn
fast!

Yes, that can be a mess if the configs are wrong. You can have a custom pxe
boot for each MAC address and a default that only does a local boot.

I'm setting up a diskless system for the HPC stack at work. All nodes pxe
boot and get the relevant kernel and nfs/gluster mounted / plus ancillary
dirs for special applications. That allows all local disks to be used as
swap and scratch space from a raid 0 array.

http://www.infosecnews.org/emory-university-windows-network-wiped-out-blame-emps-cyberwar-squirrels-try-accidental-reformat/