[ale] [Fwd: Advertising on ale.org]

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Sat Aug 8 03:11:23 EDT 2015

On Fri, 7 Aug 2015 12:49:31 +0000
"Beddingfield, Allen" <allen at ua.edu> wrote:

> Since recruiting membership is getting harder for Linux user groups,
> I think charging dues may be counter-productive.

I think it would be the kiss of death, *especially* if there's
competition from other groups not charging dues.

> I can’t really
> think of any Linux group (that I have been associated with) doing
> this. As for corporate sponsors, Red Hat (and SUSE) would want to
> skew everything toward their distro for sure…

I think you're right, and I, for one, am not seeing eye to eye with Red
Hat these days.

SteveT

Steve Litt
July 2015 featured book: Rapid Learning for the 21st Century
http://www.troubleshooters.com/rl21