[ale] System Management Card

DJ-Pfulio DJPfulio at jdpfu.com
Fri Aug 7 19:15:19 EDT 2015

On 08/07/2015 04:53 PM, Chuck Payne wrote:
> Does anyone know if there is such a thing as a iLo or Drac for home systems?
>
> Or cheap remote kvm?
>
> One my systems locked up and I am locked out. So I like to have the
> means next time to access,

Server Micro boards generally come with IPMI, but no way should you put
that on the internet. IPMI is 20+ security flaws.

http://www.itworld.com/article/2708437/security/ipmi--the-most-dangerous-protocol-you-ve-never-heard-of.html

For those playing at home - Chuck is asking about a way to control power
to a system and be able to load an OS remotely just by having a disc
placed into an optical drive. Basically, this sort of remote access
provides access to the system BIOS - **before any OS is booted.**