[ale] CD -> MP3

Jeff Hubbs jhubbslist at att.net
Fri Aug 7 15:14:06 EDT 2015

This is pretty much what I do; my system had been to use Grip on CDs (I
prefer having hard artifacts that only fire or outright theft can take
from me when it comes to music), have Grip encode to FLAC and then run a
Python script that makes a parallel tree of MP3s. Handling the porting
of tags from FLAC to MPe wasn't working as well as I'd have liked,
though. I haven't used it extensively and I've forgotten what it's
called, but I recently tried a replacement for Grip that would save to
FLAC and MP3 in one pass, which is much more like I would have wanted
but at the same time I'll still want to go from FLAC to MP3 for vinyl
and tape rips so some scripting to cover that is still desirable.