[ale] new UEFI/windows8.1/Linux

Paul Cartwright pbcartwright at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 09:53:54 EDT 2015

On 08/07/2015 09:30 AM, Damon L. Chesser wrote:
> This is actually fairly easy.  At most, you only need to turn "secure
> boot" off in the setup of the bios.  The distro installer will do the
> rest, at least every one I have tried, especially Fedora and Ubuntu.
I figured it was something like that, couldn't remember exactly what to
turn off. I read somewhere about turning off fast boot too..

> All the normal rules apply:  use windows to shrink windows to give you
> unused space.  Make a backup of your install before you begin.
yup, done that many times:)
Since this is a Dell, I called to ask about the windows 10 upgrade. They
said that would not affect the restore, which would still take it back
to windows 8.1, and if I ever need it, I can always call Dell & get the
W8.1 restore CD..
new CPU should be here tomorrow... full weekend:)

--
Paul Cartwright