[ale] Ruby vs C, a non-technical chat

DJ-Pfulio DJPfulio at jdpfu.com
Fri Aug 7 05:53:23 EDT 2015

On 08/06/2015 10:51 PM, Michael Trausch wrote:
> Oh... I think you're talking about the libraries implicitly linked in
> when building for the Won32 subsystem, yes? They're just plain dlls
> the linker adds implicitly; mingle does so as wel when cross
> compiling to windows worth the -mwindows switch.

No - not talking about linking at all.  Think GUI. There's "Libraries"
where they attempt to merge different locations into 1 and call it
"Media Library" or "Music Library" or "You name it Library" that happens
to spread across 5 disks.  It is implemented in the GUI but there isn't
any equiv in CLI.