[ale] [Fwd: Advertising on ale.org]

DJ-Pfulio DJPfulio at jdpfu.com
Wed Aug 5 23:04:50 EDT 2015

On 08/05/2015 05:55 PM, Jim Kinney wrote:
> There's that issue. ALE is a non-entity. It has no expenses or income. The
> meetup stuff for ALE I paid for personally as a donation to process I care
> about.
>
> We don't charge dues and should probably keep it that way.
>
> For sake of argument only, lets say we get $10/month from a source we're OK
> with. What would we do with the funds?

There are tax implications for you if there is any exchange of money,
but I'm not certain how a $10 in cash exchange or pre-paid VISA would be
seen.

However, if $10/month came in, I'd like to see it go towards the meetup
costs first - that way you can afford more beer for yourself and your
family.

If there was excess money beyond that, video/audio recording gear.
Every meeting should be recorded and posted. People have been asking for
this for about 5 yrs. Sure streaming live is sexy, until you try to
participate and realize the resolution and audio is poor - making it
impossible to hear and impossible to see the screen.

I'm very close on a video recording setup for stuff like this.  The
specialized HW costs about $130. If I wasn't late to the last meeting, I
would have tried to setup the recording equipment.