[ale] CD -> MP3

Pete Hardie pete.hardie at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 17:09:08 EDT 2015

I've used grip a lot - it can be configured to rip the whole disk into a
templated directory/file structure with suitable names, and did a pretty
good job at getting the album/artist/track names the last tim eI used it

As for long-term storage, I've read that flash is less durable than
spinning disks - I'd grab a 1TB drive for the 'permanent' storage, and save
the flashdirve for carrying around

On Tue, Aug 4, 2015 at 4:57 PM, Chris Fowler <cfowler at outpostsentinel.com>
wrote:

> Anyone recommend the best CD -> MP3 ripping program for Linux today?  I
> have used mp3c exclusively, but am open to other options.
>
> I want to digitize all my music CDs, bag them up, and drop the off at
> Goodwill.   I don't listen to them.  I now only listen to streaming
> services I pay for.  My idea
> is to back up all my CDs onto a 32GB USB stick and be done with it.  Free
> up all the space taking by this media.   For albums I can't find on Google
> Play I'll just upload them my play account.
>
> Chris

Pete Hardie
--------
Better Living Through Bitmaps