[ale] CD -> MP3

DJ-Pfulio DJPfulio at jdpfu.com
Tue Aug 4 17:07:17 EDT 2015

On 08/04/2015 04:57 PM, Chris Fowler wrote:
> Anyone recommend the best CD -> MP3 ripping program for Linux today?
> I have used mp3c exclusively, but am open to other options.
>
> I want to digitize all my music CDs, bag them up, and drop the off at
> Goodwill. I don't listen to them. I now only listen to streaming
> services I pay for. My idea is to back up all my CDs onto a 32GB USB
> stick and be done with it. Free up all the space taking by this
> media. For albums I can't find on Google Play I'll just upload them
> my play account.

Legally, you must retain that media. The license for the music is tied
to it.  So definitely digitize it, bag it up and stuff it into the attic.

Also, if you care about handing this down to your family after death
(why should they have to buy that great Def Leppard album ever?) - be
certain to have multiple backups and keep moving those bits forward as
storage changes.