[ale] Duplicity very slow

James Sumners james.sumners at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 18:14:43 EDT 2015

~shrug~ I'm actually avoiding the encryption feature. I use it for the easy
interface to restore specific files and automatically rotating a full
backup every few days. But I also needed a way to store my backups on a
Windows server so that they'd be included on the tape backups (not handled
by me). So the tar volumes were the biggest selling point.

But now we're looking at better solutions. We like the look of, and think
we're getting, Unitrends's product --
https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=20&v=AGdZ-CY5tVk . So I hopefully won't be
using duplicity too much longer.

--