[ale] Floating eth0:0 ( like old heartbeat )

Lightner, Jeff JLightner at dsservices.com
Mon Apr 20 12:55:05 EDT 2015

I wrote init scripts to do float the IP between Postgres replication servers in a RHEL6 using the ip add and ip del commands.

I also wrote another script that will (via sudo) allow this to be bounced at command line by non-root users and also kills off any connections first.   (We found on manual failover that simply deleting the IP on one host and starting it on the other left connections “ESTABLISHED” (even though the interface was down) and that prevented traffic to the other host even though it brought the IP up.