[ale] ot: internet connection

DJ-Pfulio DJPfulio at jdpfu.com
Tue Apr 14 17:12:39 EDT 2015

On 04/14/2015 04:27 PM, Boris Borisov wrote:
> Such a general topic but will try to explain :)
>
> I'm sitting at Starbucks having coffee break ( deserved ) . They have free wifi
> but. My phone is company phone used for work with company email and what not So
> I would hesitate to get on free wifi. But probable idea/scenario. You attach to
> wifi but you tell which program to go through wifi and which through 4g/3g. Is
> that even possible ?

So you want a split tunnel, but no VPN.  Nice.

In stock Linux, the only way I know to do that is with iptables routing based on
userids - every different routing solution needs to run under a different ID.
Don't know if root'd android can do that or not.  There are a few
permissions-control apps for Android where you can deny different permissions by
app/userid. Haven't looked at how fine the network controls are. Not rooted
anymore. Sorry.