[ale] Recommendations for Two factor authenticaton on Linux (RHEL)?

Michael H. Warfield mhw at WittsEnd.com
Tue Apr 14 10:10:49 EDT 2015

On Tue, 2015-04-14 at 09:01 -0400, DJ-Pfulio wrote:
> I always assumed that emailing me something you didn't want me to see/have was
> gross negligence and the person/company sending it should be embarrassed.
>
> Not my fault if it ends up on the front of Pravda or NYT.
>
> On 04/13/2015 11:09 PM, Michael H. Warfield wrote:
> >
> >> Do your legal people actually believe this has any legal force?  I could
> >> be wrong (IANAL), but I don't think you can unilaterally impose
> >> conditions on unrelated parties with whom you don't have any legal
> >> relationship.

Which is true but has far less than little or nothing to do with
corporate legal talking heads in their alternate reality of legal pads,
secretaries, stone knives, and bear skins.  They convince the C levels
that some legal blue smoke mumbo jumbo means something legalish that
will cover some of their asses and they all tell IT to make it so.  You
make it so, even if it's legally and technically meaningless, or it's
your ass on the firing line, not theirs.  You (in IT) are not an
"authority" (in both senses of the word - even if you do happen to know
more than them) but are merely a minion who must obey those on high.
It's done not for any technical or legal reason.  It's done because your
PHB told you to do it.  End of story.

Regards,
Mike
--
Michael H. Warfield (AI4NB) | (770) 978-7061 |  mhw at WittsEnd.com