[ale] IoT and Security

DJ-Pfulio DJPfulio at jdpfu.com
Mon Apr 13 10:59:34 EDT 2015

For $100 daily ea, if you can get 8 nearby (5 mi radius) people to also sign up
for around the same time, I'll personally make it happen.

For people in the Marietta area, there would be a discount.

Why such a high price?  I'd have to pay off lots of people to make it happen.
http://www.engadget.com/2015/04/05/amazonfresh-stops-offering-beer/
MYC has same-day beer delivery  http://www.newyorkgrocery.com/beer.html
ATL:
https://www.instacart.com/help/section/restrictions-on-orders-containing-alcohol

On 04/13/2015 10:35 AM, Jim Kinney wrote:
> I'm having visions of the beer of the day subscription service. Every day at a
> time of my choosing a beer of my style choice is delivered to my current location.
>
> Beer drone.
>
> Hell yeah!
>
> On April 13, 2015 8:11:32 AM EDT, DJ-Pfulio <DJPfulio at jdpfu.com> wrote:
>

>         If you're a coder, I'd say look at "the internet of things". That
>         concept really
>         scares me! Not that it's a bad idea, but because coding people these
>         days have
>         no concept or skills for security or performance. More than anything the IoT
>         seems to provide the bad guys everything they might ever want, free and on a
>         platter!
>

>     The IoT scares me. Heck, I haven't even giving Roku my CC info because THEY
>     scare me. The Roku is on the guests network ... think I need to push it to
>     outside any of my networks, just on the Comcast 10.0.1.0 <http://10.0.1.0> network instead on the
>     WAN-side of my routers. The roku is only for APV.
>
>     Currently on Netflix DVD shipping, not streaming. The back catalogue is huge.
>
>     Read yesterday that free grocery delivery
>       is
>     common in London and that people
>     would use a smart fridge to maintain staples. We setup an account and a
>     weekly/biweekly delivery time.  Then the fridge could watch (rfid/bar codes) for
>     missing important items like milk. If it doesn't scan a milk container in 2 hrs,
>     order more (the type/brand we prefer).  Settings like that could be setup for
>     anything.  I could see that working in dense cities like NY, Paris, even parts
>     of Atlanta (midtown).  Provided the "things" have strong authentication,
>     updatable PKI, and non-trivial online account controls, not certain I'd have
>     issues with this sort of stuff provided their privacy policy allowed our
>     transactions to be anonymous before sharing with 3rd parties - if desired.
>     Non-anonymous purchases could lead to coupons and other deal offers, however.
>
>     Just imagine - weekly, automatic, cheetos and std beer deliveries. Yummmmmm.

Got Linux? Used on smartphones, tablets, desktop computers, media centers, and
servers by kids, Moms, Dads, grandparents and IT professionals.