[ale] OT where do all the old programmers go.

Leam Hall leamhall at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 06:19:43 EDT 2015

I used to worry about this, and tested the waters as a manager/project
manager type. Nyah. At home I like to solve basic system configuration
issues. I'm not a great coder or people person, but I have skills that
are useful. That's why i started teh SecComFrame project. It lets me
code at my level, create a place others can join in, and provides a
useful and comprehensible tool to a community that needs help.

The truth came when I looked at what I do when nothing else needs doing.
FInd that for yourself.

If you're a coder, I'd say look at "the internet of things". That
concept really scares me! Not that it's a bad idea, but because coding
people these days have no concept or skills for security or performance.
More than anything the IoT seems to provide the bad guys everything they
might ever want, free and on a platter!

Leam