[ale] Fought Windows 8.1 and Ubuntu 14.10 (resolved)

David Millians millia at panix.com
Fri Apr 10 10:29:23 EDT 2015

On 4/10/2015 9:30 AM, DJ-Pfulio wrote:
> As great as gparted is, don't use it for NTFS partitions loaded with the Windows
> OS. Use Windows tools for that.
> Using gparted on non-OS/data NTFS partitions is fine. It is just the partition
> where Windows is actually installed that matters - IME.

Fascinating. I've used it dozens of times with no ill effects. Maybe
even hundreds of times, since I forgot about cloning with fog. Which
version of windows were the ones where you had issues? I'm talking about
win7 and below, with MBR and not GPT.

> With Windows, always be prepared with a "recovery disk", since changes to the
> underlying file system tends to freak it out.

Yes. Please. Make life easier on your support guys.