[ale] Fought Windows 8.1 and Ubuntu 14.10 (resolved)

DJ-Pfulio DJPfulio at jdpfu.com
Fri Apr 10 09:30:34 EDT 2015

As great as gparted is, don't use it for NTFS partitions loaded with the Windows
OS. Use Windows tools for that.

Using gparted on non-OS/data NTFS partitions is fine. It is just the partition
where Windows is actually installed that matters - IME.

With Windows, always be prepared with a "recovery disk", since changes to the
underlying file system tends to freak it out.

Fortunately, GPT makes much of the old crap we had to go through to make room
for "logical partitions" easier.  OTOH, we get secure boot as a new issue.