[ale] OT: Flash drive recovery recommendations?

coverturtle coverturtle at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 11:06:20 EDT 2015

If the problem is merely that the file system is corrupt, then there are
some safe apps that will recover what is available.  Look for apps used
for camera SDs and the like.
If it's a hardware problem, you can try some of the usual things like
putting the flash drive in the freezer or refrigerator to change the
dimensions or electrical
characteristics.  However as a business, I would only suggest to the
customer with the usual caveats such as: this may not work and could
make it more difficult
or even impossible to retrieve the data.  I would not offer to do the
freezing or refrigerating because of the caveat.