[ale] OT: CPU

Preston preston.lists at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 15:44:56 EDT 2014

On 9/29/2014 2:05 PM, Boris Borisov wrote:
> Things were easy back days. There was Pentium and the stripped from second
> level cash Celeron. Today Intel seems to put different names on every
> single chip they came up with. Looks for me that they user random generator
> for naming system. I'm lost :)
Xeon on my CAD machines and servers. i5's on the "common" machines
(spreadsheets, web surfing, documents, email).

i7's on my laptops (get nvidia graphics card with 2GB min)

since I've gone this route, I've had no issues.

Preston

--
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.
-Dr. Seuss