[ale] [OT] Because you're a lazy slob behind that keyboard

William Bagwell rb211 at tds.net
Thu Sep 18 20:45:31 EDT 2014

I want one! Of course I would want to extract useful energy from it which
would complicate the design.

That picture down near the bottom reminds me of an incident at the Cobb
facility of GTRI (then still EES) late 70s very early 80s. Received a steel
ring about 5 foot in diameter made by rolling 12" wide channel (flanges out)
into a circle. (This was a temporary stand to hold a radar pedestal while it
was not installed in its carrier vehicle.)

Since the ring was not going to ship with the completed project, we were
playing with it in the parking lot much like in the .gif. With the added
risk of amputated fingers from the flanges:-O Several of us had all taken
our turn then the senior technician called for his. However he first reached
into his pants...

Pulled out a loaded pistol and thrust it into *my* hands and said "Hold
this!" Which I very nervously did. Had no idea my coworker packed and pretty
sure it would have gotten us all fired or shot by security or worse even
back then.
--
William