[ale] debian network manager

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Mon Sep 15 15:48:43 EDT 2014

----- Original Message -----

I think this system uses ifupdown. I'm about to load something on an 8GB SDHC are use that instead of Debian.

What I've decided to do is run a program before the network.service. This program will determine what mode we are operating in
and will setup the system for that mode. To stop this device from running DHCP I'll need to tell it to not manage eth0.

I really wanted to do this on the fly instead of rebooting. My goal is to use the DIO and push button switch to cycle modes. A reboot does not allow
us to do that. When I write that program I'll have to change the logic to allow me to hit the button as needed to select mode and then when 3s have passed with no tap it will configure new mode and reboot.