[ale] systemd or not- *BSD

James Taylor James.Taylor at eastcobbgroup.com
Tue Sep 9 12:25:35 EDT 2014

I've been using openSUSE and it's precursors for nearly fifteen years.
Other than a few hiccups here and there, it has been install and forget.
I've supported SLES for about the same time period.
I've never been a fan of the SLED concept. Too limited and too behind.
I recognize the need for a stable base for business, but SLED's application choices are too limited and almost always too out of date to be usable for me.
-jt

James Taylor
678-697-9420
james.taylor at eastcobbgroup.com

On 09/09/2014 11:37 AM, Beddingfield, Allen wrote:
> I saw that article about a "split" yesterday on Slashdot, and it left me scratching my head....
> SUSE has already done this with SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES) and SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop (SLED).  Ubuntu has also done this with their separate server release (or at least there used to be one available - I assume there still is).  Red Hat used to do this, but they haven't had a purely desktop release in some years...
> Allen B.
SuSe was my first desktop linux OS.. is not openSuSe the "home" desktop
OS?? SLED being work ?? sorta like red hat/CentOS/Fedora ?

I used to have so many issues with SuSe.. mostly video related..
everytime I updated a kernel & rebooted, It brought me to a # prompt..
no startx..

--
Paul Cartwright