[ale] [ANNC] ALE-NW Meeting Thursday 9/11 @ 730p

JD jdp at algoloma.com
Sun Sep 7 19:29:40 EDT 2014

Topic: Tip Your Server, Please
Date:  9/11 @ 7:30p - 9:30p-ish
Where: SPSU J-266
Full Invitation: http://ale.org/?p=546

=================
Abstract:
Pre-install server decisions, show a live server install and go through my first
5 minutes on a new server where the base packages and based line security are
set for the system.

I hope to see you there!

===================================
ALE-NW meets the 2nd Thursday of the month at the SPSU campus.
Please mark this on your calendar as a reoccurring meeting.

The group usually adjourns to the Marietta Diner after the meeting.
===================================

For a campus map and a link to directions please see
<http ://www.spsu.edu/visitspsu/campusmaps/index.htm>
or visit the ALE-NW webpage page at
<http://tomshiro.org/twiki/view/ALE/AleNwOrg> for information links from prior
meetings.

Learn more about the GA-400 Linux Group:
http://www.meetup.com/GA-400-Linux-Group/  We informally meet most Sundays to
discuss Linux.

Free parking after 7pm in non-reserved spaces in the P60 deck is best. If you
park before that time, you may get a ticket, boot, or towed.
Building J, the Atrium building, is a short distance east of the parking deck.
======
ALE-NW at SPSU meetings are open events and we hope you will join us!  We generally
meet on the 2nd Thursday of the month, but always watch the ale.org email list
for specifics. Also remember that topic suggestions and presentation offers the
meetings can be emailed to [ jdp (at) algoloma (dot) com] or [griggs (dot) andy
(at) gmail (dot) com]

======
The group has asked for these topics:
Tentative Fall 2014 Schedule:
* 9/20 - *InstallFest* - Saturday 10am-5pm
* 10/9 - Linux Security
* 11/13 - Linux Virtualization
* 12/11 - Solstice / GPG Keysigning