[ale] systemd or not

James Sumners james.sumners at gmail.com
Sat Sep 6 16:27:53 EDT 2014

On Sat, Sep 6, 2014 at 2:22 PM, Michael B. Trausch <mike at trausch.us> wrote:

> Writing a Service unit file is easier, and controlling processes is
> simpler. How is systemd "in the way"?
>
> For lightdm:
>
> [Unit]
> Description=Light Display Manager
> Documentation=man:lightdm(1)
> Conflicts=getty at tty1.service
> After=systemd-user-sessions.service getty at tty1.service
> plymouth-quit.service livesys-late.service
>
> [Service]
> ExecStart=/usr/sbin/lightdm
> Restart=always
> IgnoreSIGPIPE=no
> BusName=org.freedesktop.DisplayManager
>
> [Install]
> Alias=display-manager.service

How is it in the way? For one, I have no clue what any of that even means.
Two, when do they start? Under what run levels? I could come up with
others, but, whatever.

--
James Sumners
http://james.roomfullofmirrors.com/

"All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts pathological
personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it is magnetic to the
corruptible. Such people have a tendency to become drunk on violence, a
condition to which they are quickly addicted."

CH:D 59