[ale] systemd or not

leam hall leamhall at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 14:03:09 EDT 2014

On Fri, Sep 5, 2014 at 12:23 PM, David Tomaschik
<david at systemoverlord.com> wrote:
> Is there anywhere that actually provides a coherent technical argument for
> why systemd is bad?  So far the complaints I've found online are "I'll need
> to learn something new", "it's bloated" (ok, true, but so is so much of our
> software these days), and "don't fix what isn't broken."  (Except, to some
> people, the status quo is broken.)

David, how many important discussions are purely technical? It's not
that the idea of a better application stack init system is wrong. The
issue is that working system admins have a lot on their plates and
little time to learn new toys that only work on a portion of their
machines.

That, and having "pulse audio" on a resume does not inspire me to
one's technical skills.

Leam
--
Mind on a Mission