[ale] Humorous (to me at least) note

Dylan Northrup ale at doc-x.net
Wed Sep 3 10:17:40 EDT 2014

This actually bugs this shit out of me, especially when I was dealing with
some Java developers trying to stress test their software and track down
the source of any failures.  Hearing "Oh, that stack trace is normal" was
irritating as hell because it made determining the source of an issue very,
very difficult.  If you have a known exception, FFS handle it!  You have
the tools!  It's not like it's difficult, it just takes time and attention
to detail. . . . and a modicum of care about the ultimate consumers of your
software (which, sadly, seems to be low on many developers' priorities).

On Tue, Sep 2, 2014 at 6:08 PM, JD <jdp at algoloma.com> wrote:

> On 09/02/2014 04:57 PM, Todor Fassl wrote:
> > I was telling my (sort of) boss about how all these error messages on
> one of our
> > systems didn't mean anything and that she should just ignore them
> because it
> > would be too hard to make them go away. At the end of my little
> soliloquy, I
> > said, "Every thing is 100% under control -- probably."
> >
> > Which actually makes sense. I am not 100% sure everything is under
> control but
> > if it is under control, it's 100% under control.
> >

> Some highly custom NASA manned spaceflight control systems had "standard
> errors"
> - NOT seeing the errors was an error to be researched - ASAP!

Dylan Northrup
"Adversity is just change we haven't adapted ourselves to yet."
  - Aimee Mullins