[ale] OT: apache2, perl and shtml?

Robert L. Harris robert.l.harris at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 17:25:35 EDT 2014

It looks like I have it trying to parse it now but something is wrong with
the include:

http://apaste.info/Tot

On Tue, Oct 28, 2014 at 2:14 PM, Alex Carver <agcarver+ale at acarver.net>
wrote:

> On 2014-10-28 08:24, Robert L. Harris wrote:
> >   I have a .shtml file which has a nice form which runs a perl script in
> > cgi-bin.  I need the output of the perl script to be read as shtml so I
> can
> > include my index.  Anyone know how to tell apache to do this?  I have the
> > output being printed correctly, apache just isn't honoring the directives
> > in it.
>
> Apache won't interpret the output of a CGI script.  However, you could
> submit to an shtml file that then has an include for your CGI script in
> addition to your other directives.  The alternative is to have the CIG
> script write out its output to an shtml file (including any directives)
> and then the CGI sends back to Apache a redirect that pulls up the
> generated file.

:wq!
Robert L. Harris

DISCLAIMER:
       ALONE.  I speak for                      First One Should Be A Man
       no-one else.                                     - Manowar