[ale] Off topic: gmail's spam filter

Ted W. ted-lists at xy0.org
Fri Oct 24 17:19:23 EDT 2014

I remember fighting my way through Google's "Bulk senders & domain
administrators" documentation [1] when I was setting up my mail server a
while back. It seems that even if you whitelist your IP with spamhaus
and configure DKIM they will still send your stuff to spam. I've also
yet to figure out how to get any kind of spamhaus or other spam database
to permanently (or even semi-permanently) keep my ip address off their
blacklists for more then a few weeks or months (I guess that's just the
joy of running a mail server). But hey, it keeps the real spam out,
right? ;)

[1] https://support.google.com/mail/topic/3396240

Ted W. <ted at xy0.org>