[ale] Need to recover deleted files from a netgear readynas

James Taylor James.Taylor at eastcobbgroup.com
Tue Oct 21 11:31:06 EDT 2014

Due to a long series of small foul-ups, I need to recover backup files that were deleted on a netgear nas.
The it is a raid5 box, probably lvm, partition with either ext2 or xfs.
The backup format is  cpio packaged blobs for each full and incremental.
The backups expired and were deleted, but there was only one small write afterward, so I have some hope.

Does anyone have any recommendations for recovery? I am open to paying for a recovery on this if necessary, but budget is always a consideration.
The box is in Athens, TN (near Knoxville) so I don't have immediate direct access to it, but I can get it shipped where ever it needs to go.
Thanks,
-jt

James Taylor
678-697-9420